Thursday, April 22, 2010

Who's TRAINING who?!

We gave it our all for 4-5 days, but then we went to Grandma's house. And now our real life is too crazy for full time potty training. So it's part-time. Like Thurs-Sat and an occasional random moment.

She wakes up dry, goes on the toilet without a problem and loves her panties. BUT I have to tell her to go and sometimes that's a bit of a circus. I'm desperate, though. So I jump through ALL the hoops. We've got sticker charts to earn presents, candy, songs and dances. I even let her sit on the toilet anywhere she wants...

On a "school bus ride" with her siblings.
(she went right away.)

Today she didn't want to get up from her nap and did NOT want to sit on her potty. She conceded to sitting on it on the porch to wait for Carver's bus.
(It didn't work.)

And, of course, the bathroom is stocked with all her favorite toys.
The strawberry house is a big hit.
It fits perfectly on the toilet.

I've painted nails, played Pretty Pretty Princess, read books, had Ellie play with her (which they both love). I try to make it her favorite place to be. If she knew how much power she had over me, she'd stop pouting about it and start asking for things!!

I'm not sure what else to do except keep trying and wait for it to click. Any day now, right?!

12 comments:

DaNelle said...

Oh Rachael, that absolutely made me laugh out loud! That potty picture on the porch is hilarious with her stubborn little face. Gotta love those potty training days!!

Bennett Family said...

she is SOOOOOOO darling! the tute on the throne on the front porch is my fave. don't know what to tell you - tanner just turned 5 and pooped his pants yesterday...serenity now!!!!! :)

Leslie said...

This post makes me shiver! Potty training is the worst! Good thing she's so darn cute. (I too LOVE the tutu on the porch picture.)

Good luck!

Amy and Craig said...

the porch pic is PRICELESS! love it. hate potty training. I just become evil (like I'm not already).

Jilly Bean said...

Oh man, you're scaring me. I'm thinking it's gotta be soon for Carter. Sometimes it seems he's ready, other times it seems not. Good luck to us both! ;)

Laura said...

Lily just decided last weekend. It was like flipping a switch...I had no access to the switch, but it flipped.

Emily said...

Bless you for sticking with, I probably would have given up by now! But way to be creative in your pursuit I'm sure the fruits of your labors will be around anytime now....maybe?!

Chris Howell said...

Might want to call in the big guns: Lisey and Laney, their dad taught them to go like a boy. Might make it easier....no porta potty needed.

donna said...

I love the porch picture too.

Chris' comment is way scary, but true. Don't try it!

I agree they do it when they're ready and that seems to be somewhere between 2 years and college... usually closer to 2. :)

Melanie said...

The picture of Grace on the porch is hilarious! She is such a cutie!!!

Potty training can be such an ordeal...good luck!

merideth said...

it is like you think it will never happen and then it just does one day... and that is a good day. she is just a doll.

so excited that you guys are running the ragnar too. we hated it during but now we can't stop talking about how fun it was. i think melynda is running it too in seattle.

jhoopes said...

Grace is so cute!! It is so fun to see how she resembles your other girls--she looks just like Ellie in the picture of her playing with Strawberry Shortcake's house! Good luck with the training. As my mom always says--she won't go to kindergarten in diapers. Does that make us feel better or worse!?